Denver Petty Theft Attorney
Colorado Petty Larceny Charges
Colorado classifies theft crimes based on the monetary value of the alleged offense and the circumstances of the theft. Petty theft/misdemeanor thefts in particular have lower penalties depending on the value of stolen objects, typically involved in shoplifting.
Misdemeanor/Petty Theft Charges:
- Class 1 Petty Offense: Less than $50.
- Class 3 Misdemeanor: Between $50 and $300.
- Class 2 Misdemeanor: Between $300 and $750.
- Class 1 Misdemeanor: Between $750 and $2,000.
Misdemeanor/Petty Theft Penalties:
- Class 1 Petty Offense Penalty: Up to 6 months in jail & $500 in fines
- Class 3 Misdemeanor Penalty: Up to 6 months in jail & $750 in fines
- Class 2 Misdemeanor Penalty: Up to 12 months in jail & $1,000 in fines
- Class 1 Misdemeanor Penalty: Up to 18 months in jail & $5,000 in fines
At Fife Luneau, P.C., our Denver petty theft lawyers know the importance of waging a dynamic defense on your behalf. There are many circumstances surrounding a crime that can factor into your defense.
Experienced Theft Crimes Legal Counsel
Prosecutors are known for going for being tough. When it comes to theft crimes, that means they are likely to go for maximum penalties. You need someone on your side who cares about your future, your rights, and the facts of your story. You need an experienced Denver theft crime attorney at Fife Luneau, P.C. With more than 30 years of combined experience, we dedicate ourselves to defending the accused. Put our experience to work for you today.
Do not plead guilty. Instead, contact us at (720) 408-7130 for a FREE case review today.
DUI Acquittal Acquitted of All Charges
Client Investigated for Sexual Assault Charges Not Filed
DUI Pled to Careless Driving
DUI Pled to Reckless Driving
Client Investigated for Stalking Charges Not Filed
Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Distribute Dismissed
Domestic Violence, Third Degree Assault, Phone Obstruction Dismissed
DUI, DWAI, Careless Driving Dismissed
DUI, DWAI Not Guilty