Practiced Trial Attorney Serving Throughout Colorado
Danny Luneau was born and raised in Slidell, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans. He attended college at Southeastern Louisiana University and graduated in the top 5% percent of his class with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. After college, Danny attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and graduated in the Top 8% of his law school class.
Click here to read our Testimonials Page - see what our clients have to say.
Since being admitted to the practice of law, Danny has become an accomplished trial lawyer, winning a substantial number of not guilty verdicts on a variety of charges as well as ligating cases that have impacted thousands of people. Danny is responsible for helping to expose over 1,700 erroneous blood tests conducted by the Colorado State Laboratory. This lab was eventually shut down. Danny also exposed that the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment was falsifying breath test certifications as part of their evidential breath alcohol program. This led to a judge ruling that the state’s breath testing certifications were deceptive and a violation of due process. This ruling affected thousands of breath test cases across the state and was heavily reported on in the media. The Denver Police Department and the Grand County Sheriff's Office were also compelled to rewrite their DUI Operations manual and DUI arrest procedures after Danny used the manuals to win several cases by exposing that the manuals were out of date and not being followed.
Accomplishments & Accolades
In addition to achieving favorable outcomes in his cases, Danny has published articles in the Colorado Lawyer as well as the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar DUI Trial Notebook. Danny has been recognized as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” and “Top 40 under 40 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Danny has also achieved the Top 1% trial attorney ranking by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel and has also achieved the designation of “Super Lawyer.” Danny is also recognized as a member of the Litigation Counsel of America, which is only offered to less that .05% of all trial lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Colorado, 2011
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2012
Awards & Associations
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013-Present
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013-Present
- Top 1% National Trial Attorney, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015-Present
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2016 - Present
- The National Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- The Admission of Blood Alcohol Reports after Bullcoming, The Colorado Lawyer, March 2012, Vol. 41, No. 3, Page 55.
- DUI Trial Notebook, (Contributing Author), Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2015.
- Ethical Issues in DUI Cases, Colorado Continuing Legal Education, December 13, 2019
- How to Effectively Challenge a Blood Test in a DUI Jury Trial, Colorado Bar Association, November 13, 2019
- Using Body Camera Videos in Jury Trials, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2019
- Jury Selection in DUI Jury Trials, Lorman CLE, 2018
- Felony DUI Motions, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar DUI Conference, 2018
- I-9000 Update, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar DUI Conference, 2017
- How to Challenge Blood Tests in DUI Cases, Colorado Bar Association, 2017
- Jury Selection in DUI Cases, Colorado Defense Bar DUI Conference, 2017
- Involuntary Intoxication Defenses in DUI Cases, Colorado Defense Bar DUI Conference, 2016
- How to Challenge Roadside Sobriety Tests, Colorado Bar Association, 2016
- Dismantling SFST’s with Their Manual, DUIDLA Denver Seminar, 2016
- How to Effectively Challenge Blood Tests in DUI Cases, Colorado DUI Conference, 2015
- Strategies in Defending DWI and DUI Cases in Colorado, Lorman CLE, 2014
- Cross-Examination of a Police Officer in DUI Cases, Colorado DUI Conference, 2014
- An Overview of DUI Defense, Loyola University, 2011