Colorado Diversion Program Every parent’s nightmare is the call late at night from their teen saying they have been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI). It certainly is no one’s intent that such events occur, but many acknowledge that experimentation with alcohol and drugs is a common rite of passage for teenagers. That said,… Read More »Learn More
Denver, Colorado Drunk Driving & DUI Defense Lawyer
Danny Luneau, Denver DUI Defense Lawyer
Danny Luneau was born and raised in Slidell, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans. He attended college at Southeastern Louisiana University and graduated in the top 5% percent of his class with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. After college, Danny attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and graduated in the Top 8% of his law school class.
Since being admitted to the practice of law, Danny has become an accomplished trial lawyer, winning a substantial number of not guilty verdicts on a variety of charges including: DUI, DUID, DWAI, Driving with Excessive Alcohol Content, Prohibited Use of Weapons (while intoxicated), Armed Robbery, Drug Possession, Illegal Weapons, and Threats to Injury Persons or Damage Property. Danny has also successfully dismissed, deferred, and indefinitely stayed prosecutions on various misdemeanor and felony charges, including second degree murder.
In addition to achieving favorable outcomes in jury trials, Danny has published articles in the Colorado Lawyer as well as the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar DUI trial notebook. Danny is responsible for helping to expose over 1,700 erroneous blood tests conducted by the Colorado State Laboratory. Additionally, the Denver Police Department was compelled to rewrite their DUI Operations Manual after Danny and Charlie repeatedly used sections of the manual to obtain acquittals for their clients.
In 2013, Danny was named a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” and “Top 40 under 40 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He is an associate trial attorney at the law firm of Fife Luneau, P.C.*
Areas of Practice:
- Colorado, 2011
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2012
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: William L. Crowe Scholar
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Program and Trial Advocacy Program
- Honors: Top 8% of Class
Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, Louisiana B.A.
- Major: History
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Thirteen Club
- Honors: Top 5% Percent of his Class
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Colorado Bar Association, 2011 - Present
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2011 - Present
- The National Criminal Trial Lawyers Association, 2013-Present
- The Admission of Blood Alcohol Reports after Bullcoming, The Colorado Lawyer, March 2012, Vol. 41, No. 3, Page 55.
- DUI Trial Notebook, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (contributing author, in progress).
- DUI Defense, Peer Teach-In Litigation Seminar, Loyola University Law Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 2011.
- How to Effectively Cross-Examine Police Officers to Fit Your Case Theory, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar DUI Conference, Breckenridge, Colorado, April 2014.
- Challenging Breath Tests at Trial, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar DUI Conference, Breckenridge, Colorado, April 2015.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers Association, October 2013, 2014.
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers Association, October 2013, 2014.
*Not a partner or shareholder.
I have known Charles L. Fife for 2 years now. Unfortunately, I required his personal expertise as an attorney earlier this year. I was very relieved when Mr. Fife agreed to take my case....MORE TESTIMONIALS