Denver Theft Crime Lawyer
Do Not Let a Theft Charge Steal Your Future - Call (720) 408-7130
Prosecutors are known for going for being tough. When it comes to theft crimes, that means they are likely to go for maximum penalties. You need someone on your side who cares about your future, your rights, and the facts of your story. You need an experienced Denver theft crime attorney at Fife Luneau, P.C. With more than 30 years of combined experience, we dedicate ourselves to defending the accused. Put our experience to work for you today.
Don't face these charges alone. Call (720) 408-7130 today to begin discussing your legal options.
Colorado classifies theft crimes based on the monetary value of the alleged offense and the circumstances of the theft:
Msidemeanor Theft Charges
- A Class 2 Misdemeanor theft occurs when the value of stolen property is less than $500. A class 2 misdemeanor is the lowest level of theft, also known as petty theft.
- A Class 1 Misdemeanor theft is the charge the state uses for thefts valued between $500 and $1,000.
Felony Theft Charges
- A Class 5 Felony theft occurs when a thief takes property from the person of someone else, without force or intimidation.
- A Class 4 Felony theft is the charge the state uses for incidents where the value of property stolen is between $1,000 and $20,000.
- A prosecutor can charge a Class 3 Felony theft if the value or property the state accused the defendant of stealing is $20,000 or more.
Each level has its own penalties, from a maximum of 12 months in jail and a $1,000 fine for petty theft to a maximum of 12 years in prison and a fine up to $750,000 for a Class 3 Felony.
At Fife Luneau, P.C., our Denver theft crime lawyers know the importance of waging a dynamic defense on your behalf. There are many circumstances surrounding a crime that can factor into your defense.
Do not plead guilty. Instead, contact us at (720) 408-7130 for a FREE case review today.