There is one piece of good news for parents of a minor charged with illegal consumption or possession of alcohol. Parents are not held liable for their child’s actions (unless, of course, the parent instigated the illegal activity, such as taking your kid to the local bar for a drink — a bad idea if… Read More »Learn More
Denver, Colorado Probation Violation Attorney Here to Protect Your Rights
Charles L. Fife & Associates, PC is a comprehensive criminal defense practice able to assist clients at every stage of the criminal justice process, from arrest through the completion of sentencing. We have represented many people charged with probation violations, employing aggressive defense strategies to help clients keep their freedom and avoid additional and/or more restrictive probation terms.
Types of Probation Violations
Essentially, probation allows a person to serve a sentence outside of jail under the supervision of a probation officer, so long as all conditions of probation are met. There are many conditions of probation that a judge can impose during sentencing, and breaking any rule of probation may result in a probation violation. Some of the most common ways people violate probation include:
- Being arrested for a new crime, whether or not charges are filed
- Conviction for a new crime
- Being found in possession of illegal substances or weapons
- Failing an alcohol or drug test
- Failing to appear for scheduled court appearance
- Missing an appointment with a probation officer
- Violating specific rules of probation, which may prohibit seeing certain people or going to certain places
- Failing to complete mandatory rehabilitation, community service, or any other court-ordered program
- Failing to pay a court-ordered fine or restitution
- Failing to maintain employment or stay in school
- Changing residences without authorization or notification to a probation officer
- Leaving the state without a probation officer's permission
If you are accused of violating your probation, it is imperative to talk to a Denver, Colorado probation violation lawyer to avoid jail time, additional fees and court costs, stricter supervision, mandatory drug and alcohol counseling, home detention, and other serious penalties. Unlike many charges, judges have broad discretion in how they choose to punish probation violations, which means effective defense representation can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case.
Our expertise goes beyond state court defense. If your alleged probation violation involves a federal crime or juvenile offense, a Denver federal criminal defense lawyer or juvenile defense lawyer at Charles L. Fife & Associates, PC can help you in these areas as well.
Talk to a Probation Violation Attorney in Denver to Avoid Additional Penalties
If you or a loved one has been charged with a probation violation, please contact Charles L. Fife & Associates, PC for a free initial consultation. We can help protect your rights and freedom whether or not we handled the case that led to your probation sentence. Our firm offers flat fees and accepts all major credit cards.
I have known Charles L. Fife for 2 years now. Unfortunately, I required his personal expertise as an attorney earlier this year. I was very relieved when Mr. Fife agreed to take my case....MORE TESTIMONIALS